2017 DVHS Marching Band and Colorguard Golf Tournament (4/30/17)
The Deer Valley Skyhawk Marching Band and Colorguard will hold a golf tournament fundraiser to raise funds for its 2017 band and guard programs. Arrowhead Country Club will host the best ball/scramble format tournament on Sunday, April 30. To sign up, visit the DVHS Band and Guard Golf Tournament Website. Please contact Stacy Northey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-256-3292 for questions or to be a sponsor.
2nd Anual DVHS Mattress Fundraiser (3/11/17)
On Saturday, March 11, 2017, Deer Valley High School Band and Guard are pleased to host a one of a kind fundraising event. This event has been VERY successful in thousands of school districts all over the country for nearly 10 years and we are excited to bring it back to the Deer Valley High School Band and Guard.
We are very excited about this fundraiser for many reasons:
- The students do not have to sell anything!
- The students do not have to collect money or be responsible for distribution!
- Potential to raise several thousand dollars in a one-day event!
- This costs us nothing!
- The company runs the event! (www.customfundraisingsolutions.com)
- The mattresses are brand name and priced up to 50% less than retail!
- Students can earn “personal referral” cash incentives!
EACH student is responsible to:
- Find at least one referral to come in and check out the sale. (Did you realize 1 in 10 families buy a new mattress every year? – BE SURE TO TALK TO AT LEAST TEN FAMILIES!)
- Hand out your referral flyers to people you know with your name on the coupon at the bottom, so you get credit!
- Promote the event and have FUN! Students can choose to volunteer to help at the event and 6 – 10 students get the opportunity to wear a mattress costume!
- Saturday, March 11, 2017, Deer Valley High School - Outside Corridor East of Gym (use parking off of Union Hills).
- 10 am - 5 pm.
- CFS offers Simmons Beautyrest, Malouf, and Southerland Brand Products on display.
- Twin From $199, Full From $289, Queen From $299, King /CA-King From $499.
- All sizes, all styles and name brand sets are available up to 50% below retail.
- There will be a showroom set up in the band room with 20+ displays and a team of experts to assist.
- Layaway & delivery are available.
Parent and Student Contribution:
- Find at least one referral to come in and check out the sale.
- PLEASE help spread the word! Tell your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers?
- PLEASE Like and Share the Mattress Fundraiser Facebook Page and Mattress Fundraiser Twitter Page.
Here’s the band and student-earning schedule.
Band earnings for each mattress sold:
- Twins: $50
- Full: $75
- Queen: $100
- King: $125
Additional bonus to the band based on quantity of mattresses sold
25 = $250
30 = $500
40 = $1000
50 = $1500, and so on
Students earn cash for the number of referrals that results in a sale:
1 - $25
2 - $50
3 - $100
4 - $150, and so on
We are excited to have this unique way to help our band and guard while providing great value to our community. We appreciate your support and hope to see you on Saturday, March 11, 2017. Please see flyer for additional information.
Dining for the Band - Barro's Pizza
Show your band pride by supporting the DVHS band/guard at Barro's Pizza on each first Monday of the month (listed on the Booster Events Page). Take a flyer with you between 10:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. to Barro’s Pizza at 18425 N 51st Ave (just east of DVHS), mention that you’re with the Deer Valley HS Band, and Barro’s will donate 25% of the sales to our DVHS Band! You must bring in a copy of the flyer with you. Invite family and friends to join us for some fun while supporting the Deer Valley High School Band/Colorguard!
Dining for the Band - Freddy's
The band holds "Dining for the Band" at Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers on Bell Road just east of 51st Avenue on selected dates. Freddy’s donates 15% of sales to our DVHS Band when you present a flyer similar to the one shown at the right when you place your order. Just be sure to mention that you are supporting the DVHS Band. Invite your family and friends! Make sure to forward the flyer to them. Look for up coming "Dining for the Band" fundraisers at Freddy's on the Booster Events page.
Chipotle - Dining for DVHS Band
Make dinner a selfless act by joining us for a fundraiser to support Deer Valley High School Band and Guard at Chipotle on selected dates listed on the Booster Events Page. Bring in a flyer similar to the one shown at the right, show it on your smartphone or tell the cashier you’re supporting the DVHS Band and Guard to make sure that 50% of the proceeds will be donated to Deer Valley High School Band and Guard.
Dining for the Band - Panda Express
The band holds "Dining for the Band" on selected dates at Panda Express on 59th Avenue just south of Loop 101. Panda Express donates 20% of sales to our DVHS Band when you present a flier when you place your order. You can either print off a flyer and hand it to the cashier, or you can show the cashier the flier on your phone. Just be sure to mention that you are supporting the DVHS Band. Invite your family and friends!
Dining for the Band - Papa Murphy’s Pizza
Enjoy some delicious pizza from Papa Murphy’s and support the band at the same time. The Papa Murphy’s “Take and Bake” fundraiser takes place on selected dates on the Booster Events Page between 11 am and 9 pm at the Papa Murphy’s located at 20020 N 59th Ave, Suite 105 (SW Corner of 59th & Loop 101 – between Subway and Panda Express). Order anything on the menu, take home and bake for hot, fresh pizza/treats the whole family will love! Papa Murphy’s will give the Deer Valley Marching Band 20% of the sales.
Dining for the Band - Applebee's Flapjack Breakfast
Start your Saturday with Flapjacks and support the Skyhawk Band and Guard. This “Dining for the Bands” fundraiser is a Flapjack breakfast at Applebee’s on Saturday August 8 from 8:00 am – 10:00 am at the 8001 W Bell Road location. Tickets are $7.00 and include flapjacks, bacon, and a drink. $4 of each ticket goes to support the DVHS band program. Tickets may be purchased by one of the following options:
Preorder Tickets Online
- Order tickets online by completing the online Applebee's Pancake Signup form (click). Only one order submission is required per family. (Ordering tickets online will help us give Applebee’s an accurate ticket count in advance).
- Then pay for and pickup tickets at either Band Camp or the Marching Band Kickoff meeting on the dates and times listed below under “In person Ticket Orders”.
In Person Ticket Orders – 3 options:
- Purchase tickets before and after Band Camp from 7/27/15-7/30/15 or 8/3/15-8/5/15, 2:45-3:15 pm or 8:45-9:15 pm, in the band uniform room. Please use entrance on the side of the band room through the main gate if it’s open to minimize interruptions to the band camp. If the main gate isn’t open, proceed quietly through the band room or look for us outside in front of the band room.
- Purchase tickets before and after Marching Band Kickoff meeting on 8/6/15 at 6:00 p.m. in the auditorium lobby.
- Purchase tickets at Applebee’s at the door on 8/8/15 (least preferred option)
Payment will be collected when tickets are picked up.
When our band has performances, we keep them hydrated by providing bottled water. If you are able, please bring a case (or cases) of bottled water to any band practice. The band students will take it to the band storage area for next year.
Support the Deer Valley Band program when you shop at smile.amazon.com. If you associate your AmazonSmile account with Deer Valley HS Band Parent Volunteers, 0.5% of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases will go to the DVHS Band! To associate your AmazonSmile account with the DVHS Band, visit smile.amazon.com/ch/46-2849689. Note that you must shop at smile.amazon.com for 0.5% to go the the DVHS Band. Visit http://smile.amazon.com/about for more information.
Did you know that you can donate your credit card reward points to help the band? If you or your business has a Capital One or an American Express card, you can donate your points and the band gets money. The reward points are donated to a non-profit (Network for Good for Capital One, and JustGive.org for American Express) that issues our non-profit band organization a check. And, it’s tax deductible to you. Your tax receipt is e-mailed to you. Details can be found in the Rewards Points Instructions.
Support the DVHS Band by shopping at Fry's Food Stores! By associating your Fry’s V.I.P. card to the DVHS Band, a portion of your purchases from Fry’s will go to the DVHS Band. Please see Fry's Community Rewards for instructions.
Visit mylocker.net to purchase Deer Valley Band clothing and gear.